Dental Careers in Yarmouth
Looking for a dental career in Yarmouth? Join the SouthWest Dental team.
Current Open Positions
Registered Dental Hygienist - SouthWest Dental, Yarmouth
SouthWest Dental is in a heritage home in downtown Yarmouth, Nova Scotia. This 1860s home was fully restored/renovated in 2004 to become an 8 operatory dental clinic. Every effort was made to maintain and honour the unique characteristics of the home, while creating a modern dental clinic. The atmosphere of this unique setting provides our patients with a relaxing environment that many claim makes them feel “like I’m not at the dentist!”
Our clinic offers general dentistry in addition to several unique services including oral surgery, periodontics, sedation dentistry, root canal treatment and pediatric dentistry. We are committed to staying at the cutting edge of dental technology to provide the best quality care to our patients in the most effective way. The technology used at our practice includes digital x-rays, panoramic x-rays, soft tissue lasers, and VELscope.
We pride ourselves on providing quality dental care and 4.6 stars on google reviews, evidence of our exceptional patient service, commitment to continuous learning and innovative technology. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of the industry’s leading clinicians and have greater access to the advanced treatment technologies and training & development, and support.
Part-Time, Monday & Friday (8:00-5:00) and maybe Tuesday (8:00-5:00)
Full time & part time hours available. Contact us with your availability and we will work with you to accommodate the best we can!
We are currently looking to hire a Registered Dental Hygienist to join our busy and well-established practice. The successful candidate will have a passion for building strong patient relationships and contributing to the ongoing oral health of their community. As a Registered Dental Hygienist at our practice, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from a strong team of dental professionals.
Why Should You Join?
- Competitive compensation & benefits: Our compensation packages are reviewed annually in a comparative study that ensures alignment with industry standards.
- Established and stable practice: Our successful practice is a leader in patient care, providing a range of services to a loyal and established patient base.
- Health & Safety and Compliance: The practice has a strong health and safety culture, with compliance measures embedded in every aspect of the workplace.
- Career development: A career with us ensures you have the support, tools, and encouragement you need to grow and evolve as a professional on your individual career path, including access to industry-leading continuing education through the award-winning DC Institute (dcinstitute.ca)
- Patient-focused care: With every decision we make and each action we take, our focus is always on the patient – our practice revolves around delivering a consistently outstanding patient experience.
- Respect for our people: The team is built on a culture of respect and positivity, where we celebrate individuality and value each other’s unique strengths and contributions.
- Work-life flexibility: Everyone has a life outside the practice, and we are committed to helping each team member find a healthy, sustainable balance between home and career.
- Appropriately assess, plan, implement and evaluate services for patient care
- Perform all aspects of clinical preventative hygiene services including scaling, root planing, polishing, topical fluoride, pit and fissure sealants and whitening to patients
- Serve as an oral health educator by introducing new preventative techniques and counselling
- Provide a consistent patient experience during each hygiene visit
- Establish strong patient relationships while maintaining ethical and professional behaviour
- Establish and retain patient loyalty by delivering a tailored experience based on the patients’ expectations
- Demonstrate active listening and empathy to patients using effective communication skills
- Successful completion of a Dental Hygiene Diploma or Hygiene Degree program
- Registered with the College of Dental Hygienists of Nova Scotia (C.D.H.N.S)
- Valid CPR Certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with dental software considered an asset
Total Rewards + Perks
Team members have access to a range of resources focused on enhancing their personal and professional lives. We provide annual compensation reviews, voluntary RRSP contributions, and industry-leading learning and development opportunities. Our team members also enjoy extensive discounts on many services and activities including an exclusive corporate gym membership program; reduced rates on home and auto insurance; and unlimited access to a variety of discounted entertainment, hotels, products and services. Our Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) connects team members and their families with complimentary, confidential, short-term counseling and advisory services. We are continuously evolving and enhancing the programs to offer our team members exclusive benefits that complement their lifestyle.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants will be contacted. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Team at 416-558-8338. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.
From Our Dental Team
Our team of dental professionals is dedicated to caring for the smiles of patients in the Yarmouth community. We welcome you to join our team.
Why work at SouthWest Dental?
SouthWest Dental is proud to be an active member of the Yarmouth community, and strives to provide exceptional oral health care for individuals and families.
Our team is committed to clinical excellence and aims to create a positive patient experience. We care for our people and seek, as a team, to provide comprehensive dentistry to our patients.
New Patients Always Welcome
Looking for a dentist in Yarmouth? We're happily accepting new patients at our dental clinic! Contact us to get started today.Request Appointment